Illinois Education Funding Reform
The questions listed below may seem simple, but when applied to all school districts in our State the answers get a lot more complicated.
- How do you determine what is an adequate budget for each School District in our State?
- How do you determine how much a community should contribute locally?
- How do property tax limit laws impact school funding?
- Should the State shift some of the pension costs to local School Districts?
- How do you best measure and increase student achievement across the State?
- How do you define, encourage and reward fiscal responsibility?
- Can Illinois increase funding at the State level enough to hold School Districts harmless?
- What other reforms can reduce costs and drive more funding into the classroom?